We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by xotil.com to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- Help us create content that is most relevant to you.
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
We collect your information from the following sources:
- Information you give us, such as during transactions, customer service operations, surveys, and website registrations,
- Information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records, and
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our websites, such as via cookies and device information, and in stores, such as via video cameras.
How We Use and/or Disclose Your Information:
- xotil.com does not sell or rent your personal information.
- xotil.com uses your information to provide products and services and to support core business functions. These uses include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions.
- We may combine all the information we collect. We may disclose your information within our corporate family of companies.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- With service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations or joint products.
- With your consent.
- When necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of xotil.com, customers, or associates, or when otherwise required by law.
- We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples include email newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We will not contact you via phone or text message without your express consent (opt-in).
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent (opt-in).
- We use an opt-out standard for all other communications. This means we will conduct the activity unless you tell us not to.
- You can unsubscribe our sent email anytime you wish. But highly recommended not to do so.
Mobile Application Privacy:
In addition to the information above, the following applies to our mobile applications:
- Our mobile applications collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), and information about the way you use the applications. The mobile applications also collect certain information you voluntarily provide, such as product information when you scan a bar code, and transactional information, such as when you make a purchase or respond to an offer.
- Our mobile applications collect precise information about the location of your device, such as when you search for a store. You must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity (or a combination of these technologies). The Mobile Application section below addresses your choices with respect to our applications’ collection and use of your precise location information.
- Service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a unique device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information will not be associated in any way with your account at xotil.com or any personal information that identifies who you are.
How to Contact Us:
- We recognize the importance of privacy and believe it is a matter of trust.
- We are committed to providing you a fair and timely response to any privacy concern or questions you bring to us.
xotil.com recognizes the importance of our customers’ privacy. We believe that privacy is more than an issue of compliance – it is one of trust. We strive to manage your personal information based on our basic belief of respect for the individual. This Policy describes:
- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
Our Pledge of Accountability
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with xotil.com, both in stores and through our websites. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on one of our websites;
- Make an online or in-store purchase from us;
- Use a gift registry or create a mobile shopping list;
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information, including when required by law (such as hunting and fishing licenses);
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Submit a xotil.com related story, testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Information from Other Sources
We receive personal information about you from other sources. This information helps us to correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud. We collect personal information from consumer reporting agencies in conjunction with products or services that involve financial risk to xotil.com, such as check cashing.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
How We Use Your Information
xotil.com uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information within our corporate family of companies for these purposes.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of xotil.com, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on xotil.com property. xotil.com may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of xotil.com or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Online Operations and Advertising
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our websites without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our websites, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
How to Access and Update Your Information
xotil.com takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, If you have created an account on one of our websites, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. Whether you are shopping on our websites or in our stores, or using other services we offer, we use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our offices or stores is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of sensitive personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise sought to be made unreadable.
Privacy Protections for Specific Types of Information
Financial Products and Services
When you obtain financial products and services from us, we may collect and use certain financial-related information. We understand the sensitive nature of this information as well, and protect it in accordance with laws and our policies. Financial products and services include money orders, money transfers, credit card offerings, bill payment, and check cashing. We protect payment card information we collect during transactions. We comply with industry standards that require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks; encryption or other protection of cardholder data; physical and technical access controls; monitors and tests of security systems; and information security policies.
Privacy of Children Online
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. Our websites are for a general audience and are not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children,Xotil.com websites and mobile applications do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. Please contact us via the section of this Policy if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.